Subject: Re: Flyer Audio format
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 13:30:44 -0500

In a message dated 96-01-06 23:18:48 EST, you write:

>> We want to record some dialog at a local sound studio for a commercial,
and
>> I'd like to take it back as a digital file rather than tape. 
>
>Thats a good idea, but impractical.  For really good quality, record 
>your audio to video tape.  From what I understand this is nearly CD 
>quality (at least alot better than audio cassette)and its easy to spool 
>in to the flyer.
>
>

      What are you smoking? As a musician for over 18 years, I can't tell you
how bad video sounds compared to DAT. If anything, drop your audio to a DAT
and bring it back, and drop it to the flyer. The other thing is that the mics
you'll most likely be using in a video shoot really don't begin to compare to
what you'll get in a professional studio. Not to mention the environmental
differences between a sound booth and a video set...